Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-13-2023, 08:34 PM   #1
gooey

Default Mac mini M2 DisplayLink adapter not registering

Hello,

I recently got the Mac mini and I'm trying to connect 3 external displays. I'm able to connect 2 displays via hdmi and thunderbolt 4. The last screen I'm trying to connect, I got the pluggable usb 3.0 and usb-c to hdmi adapter model: UGA-HDMI-S.

I tried plugging in with the usb 3.0 it lights up blue, the external display shows up for a brief second showing the Universal Graphic Adapter logo the same goes for the usb-c. Conclusion I got from that is the adapter is working.

When I check the DisplayLink software no display link adapter recognized. Also, checking the allowed accessories tabs inside of privacy & security is non existent on the Mac mini M2 base model.

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 3.23.20 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 3.22.22 PM.jpg

Does anybody know what the issue could be? I really want to keep the Mac mini but I don't see the point in buying the M2 pro for an extra 1000 just to be able to use an extra screen. Please let me know.
gooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 12:13 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooey View Post
Hello,

I recently got the Mac mini and I'm trying to connect 3 external displays. I'm able to connect 2 displays via hdmi and thunderbolt 4. The last screen I'm trying to connect, I got the pluggable usb 3.0 and usb-c to hdmi adapter model: UGA-HDMI-S.

I tried plugging in with the usb 3.0 it lights up blue, the external display shows up for a brief second showing the Universal Graphic Adapter logo the same goes for the usb-c. Conclusion I got from that is the adapter is working.

When I check the DisplayLink software no display link adapter recognized. Also, checking the allowed accessories tabs inside of privacy & security is non existent on the Mac mini M2 base model.

Attachment 4334
Attachment 4335

Does anybody know what the issue could be? I really want to keep the Mac mini but I don't see the point in buying the M2 pro for an extra 1000 just to be able to use an extra screen. Please let me know.
According to the information provided by Plugable for the product you are using --> https://plugable.com/products/uga-hdmi-s the device does NOT have DisplayLink technology inside of it. As result, DisplayLink will not be able to help you.

The device you are using is based on Silicon Motion technology.

Plugable has instructions for installing the required Silicon Motion software here --> https://plugable.com/products/uga-hd...av-get-started
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapter, displaylink, mac mini m2, macos 13.2.1, plugable