Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #61
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hba View Post
Guess what. DisplayLink finally decides to offer a new driver (12/29/2012). And does it fix my problems? NO! It's exactly the same problems as described earlier! This is absolutely incredible! I mean how hard can it be? I must now seriously consider returning my external graphics adapter, as plugable offered me. DisplayLink is obviously going nowhere with this.
For what its worth I've attached the support files, which I managed to complete between the endless logging in and out.
Your problem looked similar to others on this thread, which has been fixed in 7.1. It has been hard to reproduce internally, which is why we thought it was related to other bug fixes in 7.1.

However your logs clearly show that it is still there on your system, and we have reproduced something similar (although it happens a lot less often so looks timing related).

Our next release is at the end of January, so hopefully we will have a fix in this release as its frustrating that this is still happening.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #62
ahurst

OK, now with the latest update, I have the following issues using Win 8 and Dell S2340T monitor....

Win 8 Metro "Maps" app DOES NOT WORK...

Hulu Plus and Netflix DO NOT WORK...

All give me blue screen of nothing....

How do I fix this?
ahurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #63
howsard39

Default Display Link BVU 196 Windows 8 Thinkpad Nvidia Problem Now is Fixed

I had a problem with my Display Link BVU 196 with Windows 8 on a Thinkpad T420 with an NVidia display adapter where, after receiving a Windows Update, the DisplayLink was unusable because all three displays flashed. I fixed it with the following steps:

1. Installed latest BIOS from Lenovo.

2. Installed ThinkVantage System Update 5.01 for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), now available from Lenovo.

2. Uninstalled the DisplayLink software (from Windows-X > Programs and Features).

3. Plugged in the DisplayLink and let the system reinstall its software.

So after 3 months, I can use three displays again.

Last edited by howsard39; 01-03-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: typo
howsard39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #64
ahurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahurst View Post
OK, now with the latest update, I have the following issues using Win 8 and Dell S2340T monitor....

How do I fix this?

Now my Win 8 Metro "Camera" app says this app cannot be used in this version of windows.
The camera worked before the 7.1 update.

Please HELP.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #65
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahurst View Post

How do I fix this?
There are 2 problems here. The problems with video apps is covered in this thread.

The problem with some Metro apps launching with a blue screen is something different and we're investigating this. What GPU and system spec are you using as we believe it could be specific to some GPUs.

Wim
Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #66
ahurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
There are 2 problems here. The problems with video apps is covered in this thread.

The problem with some Metro apps launching with a blue screen is something different and we're investigating this. What GPU and system spec are you using as we believe it could be specific to some GPUs.

Wim
Intel HD 2000 graphics
Intel Core i5 2320
This is a Gateway DX-4860
Win 8 Pro clean install
Old 01-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #67
hba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Your problem looked similar to others on this thread, which has been fixed in 7.1. It has been hard to reproduce internally, which is why we thought it was related to other bug fixes in 7.1.

However your logs clearly show that it is still there on your system, and we have reproduced something similar (although it happens a lot less often so looks timing related).

Our next release is at the end of January, so hopefully we will have a fix in this release as its frustrating that this is still happening.

Wim
You are running out of time and I'm so running out of patience. You promised a new driver by the end of January. January is rapidly running out and there is still no working driver in sight. What's happening DisplayLink?
hba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #68
Wim

It's now released and on our website.

Wim
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #69
hba

Tried new driver 7.1M1. Cleaned out the old install, restarted, installed new driver, plugged in the graphics, drivers configured and the system was restarted. Upon restart the system logd on and logs off several times and ending with all three monitors turned on but with black screens except for the mousecursor (????) which can travel on all three monitors.

This is the EXACTLY same behavior as earlier. Come on DisplayLink, get into the fight, will you. It's now more than 3 months since Windows 8 where released and you still haven't delivered a working solution for my hardware.
This is quite honestly intolerable!

Henrik
hba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #70
ucleadguitar

I am having this same FLASH issue with the latest AMD Catalyst drivers and the latest DisplayLink drivers. How can I get this resolved?
ucleadguitar is offline   Reply With Quote