Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
Brandonhyl

Exclamation Blank Screen When Out Of Sleep Mode

I appears others are having the same issue with the screen going blank and only being able to see my mouse cursor. Even when I unplug the docking station, the screen on my laptop stays black with a mouse cursor.

I have a Anker universal docking station and I've by chance gotten it to work when I shut off the laptop 3-4 times and unplug and plug the universal dock back in but it is inconsistent.

I am running windows 8 with latest upgrades. Any help would be appreciated. Log files attached.DisplayLink Support Files.zip
Brandonhyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
Brandonhyl

Default In addition

I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting on this issue. Not only do I experience a blank screen out of sleep, I also experience a blank screen (with mouse cursor) when I unplug and plug in the Anker universal docking station. When I restart or shutdown my laptop, it goes blank with only the mouse cursor being visible.

My work around has been to uninstall the display link driver, reinstall it and then plug the universal dock in. It works each time I do this but it is a real pain as it requires two restarts.

Would it make sense for me to go to an older driver? I failed to mention I have a GTX960m graphics card.

Thank you,

Brandon
Old 04-18-2015, 09:36 PM   #3
Brandonhyl

Default Update

I found that after I reinstalled the displaylink driver and got it to work as stated in the last post I had to shut down the laptop before before I unplug it from the laptop. I cannot just unplug the universal dock while the laptop is on and plug it back in and expect it to work like I had done in the past. I am not sure if this is the way it was designed, but it is an OK work around so far. I haven't tried it enough to see if it is a clear "fix". However, it is still going blank out of sleep mode with mouse cursor only showing.

Brandon

Last edited by Brandonhyl; 04-18-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
Brandonhyl

Default Updated 3.0

Still having issues with this. It is inconsistent in that I will shut down the PC and start it back up and all I see is the mouse cursor with black screens. I've resulted to unplugging everything and replugging it back in to get it to work. Obviously that is a bit of a pain. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-Brandon

Tags
blank screen