Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
yellohaus

Default Toshiba dynadock U3.0 and Windows 8--Display not working

My setup is as follows:
Toshiba Satellite C875 laptop
Windows 8 (64bit)
Toshiba Dynadock u3.0 (brand new)
Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft) USB3.0 drivers
Intel HD graphics 4000
Installed 'DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows*' 7.1 M0 21DEC2012

When I plug the dynadock in, the keyboard and mouse work, but no display on the monitor. There is no Displaylink icon in the system tray even when I plug the dock in. I have a monitor plugged into the dvi connector in the dynadock.
When I leave the usb cable to the dynadock plugged in (to either USB2.0 or USB3.0 ports), every so often I get a window that pops up saying 'Displaylink software configuration->Please wait while your dynadock is being updated' but nothing changes.

I have gone through the thread 'HOWTO: Debugging issues on Windows with DisplayLink' and verified that everything is installed correctly.
The Displaylink software is installed correctly and the service is running. In device manager->USB Display Adapters, there are two items, DisplayLink Display Adapter (4305) and dynadock U3.0.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Displaylink software several times and nothing I do seems to produce an icon in the system tray. (I'm checking when the dynadock is plugged in)
I have plugged the dynadock into a USB2.0 slot and a USB3.0 slot and same result. It appears that the software is installed correctly, but I can not get the display to work, nor even see the DisplayLink icon.

Any thoughts on what's going on would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OFFICELAPTOP_20130113_184453.zip (841.3 KB, 0 views)
yellohaus is offline   Reply With Quote