Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
Jordan

Default Microsoft Surface Pro 2 (Win 8.1) - Freezing issue after installing DisplayLink softw

Hi,

We have been having an issue with our Microsoft Surface Pro 2 tablets (March firmware) and the DisplayLink software 7.5 M2, 7.5 M1, 7.5 M0 & 7.4 M2 (didn’t try other versions). The problem is when this software has been installed the HID Sensor Collection in device manager after booting up would intermittently have a yellow exclamation mark next to it which appears to cause the Surface to freeze up when browsing "Devices & Printers".

After some investigation, it appears this only happens when the Surface Type Cover 2 is connected to the Surface Pro 2, the original Type Cover does not have the same issue, neither does the original Surface Pro (with Type Cover 2). We have found that a way round this is to disable " Surface type cover 2 firmware update device" under Human Interface Devices within Device Manager. Not sure what other issues this causes but from our quick tests everything still appears to work OK.

Just thought I would mention in case anyone else has the same issue, maybe it will properly be fixed in the next Surface firmware update....
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
njohnsonn81

Same issue and your post seems to have fixed my issues. Yellow Device manager HID Sensor Collection, Computer freezing, very slow shutdowns/reboots. I don't even have the full Display Link software installed and have the issues. I just inject the base drivers for the DisplayLink Video and Network during our MDT Imaging process, as one of the docks we use for the surface pro 2 is the Targus USB 3.0 dock. Many googles searches later I found this post and so far so good.
njohnsonn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
njohnsonn81

Any news on this I still have the issue....latest few rounds up updates have not fixed it. Still have to run the surface pro 2's with that hid device disabled
Old 07-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Nothing from our end but this sounds like an issue we raised with Microsoft recently which occurs on any external displays regardless of how they are connected.

I would encourage you to post this on the Microsoft forum http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w..._1?tab=Threads

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
njohnsonn81

Default Created MS Post

I created a post into Microsoft for this issue

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-086ada5c48b2