Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.6 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
blazetrack

Default HDMI doesn't works on Winstars UGA WS-UG17M1

Hello,

My hardware is:

Winstars UGA WS-UG17M1
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family)
Sony KDL-46NX700

My OS is Windows 7 Professional 32 bits, and all works perfectly with DVI to VGA, but I can't make it works with DVI to HDMI.

I tried DisplayLink Manager versions 5.2, 5.5 and 5.6 beta.

Then I updated the default Windows 7 graphic driver to the Intel last version (8.15.10.1930) and repeated all the process, from 5.2 to 5.6 beta, but still no results.

Since version 5.5, DisplayLink show me the 2 monitors correct, even calls the second monitor "Sony TV"!! but screen it's black.

Of course HDMI cable it's connected to TV and works properly on other devices.

Can somebody help me please?
Thanks!!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
dsps

Default Work around?!

I had a problem with my TV not working when connected to HDMI mode but working perfectly in VGA. I think this might be similar to your problem. (My post "HDMI not working" posted 1/31/11).
It turned out that the problem was not with Display-link but the software that operated my Warpia adapter didn't load. After contacting their customer service I got a work around link.
So my advise would be to contact your hardware SC and see if they can tell you if the software is loaded properly that operates the HDMI. I got no errors other than "no signal" on the TV screen when I switched to HDMI mode.