Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.6 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
catskinz

Default Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Oblivion

Seems all releases from Bethesda Softworks are crashing with 5.6 software installed since from what I can tell first reported in 5.2. I've researched the problem for about 20 mins and can tell you that it seems to be a problem with their engine and display links drivers as all three of those games are built on the same one. This problem has been reported for awhile now and seems to not be on the ATI/Nvida end as users of both brands have reported the problem. Using crossfire or disabling it has no effect. Why can I not turn off the display link process for compatibility!!???? Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas crash when loading unless the Display Link software is completely uninstalled. Oblivion Loads but the screen is completely black displaying only the gui. Has anyone looked into these specific applications for a hot fix or something? Anyone found a work around that doesn't make you uninstall the display link drivers completely? I really like this monitor and do not want to return it over a few applications. If I could just stop the processes on the fly that would even work for me but having to completely uninstall the software every time I want to use an application from this developer is a little extreme.

Have had no problems with running any other games on the 5.5 driver only went to the 5.6 beta to see if it fixed Fallout.

Wim added it to the bug list in Feb. 2010 but I think he thought it was an issue with the Nvida driver. And it seems no one has linked it to all 3 releases from Bethesda built on the Gamebryo engine they use.

Has anyone had problems with any other games based on the Gamebryo engine such as:

Civ 4
Divinity 2
Warhammer online

the list is just a few recent titles from Wikipedia so I don't know if it is accurate. I don't have any other games powered by it the three I do have don't work, but they are all probably built on the same code passed down by the developers to each other.

AMD Phenom II 955 BE
8 GB Ram
2x ATI 5750 in crossfire with 10.12 drivers
Win7 x64
5.6 beta Display Link Driver
Mimo 710

Last edited by catskinz; 01-17-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: added system specs, asked about additional games, grammar
Old 01-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
catskinz

Default Debug tool

Ok I started the debug tool and turned on monitoring then launched Fallout New Vegas and it crashed on load and I hit gather. ZIP should be attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110117_101126.zip (1.22 MB, 763 views)
Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
catskinz

Default returned

returned product