Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-25-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
davbryan

Default Bitlocker

Is anyone able to educate on whether or not Bitlocker will indeed be triggered by use of displaylink?

I've checked the MS articles and they state check with manufacture. I've already put a request into them, however I'm curious which side of the "fence" this falls on.

My understanding is that not all docking stations interact with the computer OS the same way and therefore it's possible that Bitlocker can be triggered by different situations?

Any help is much appreciated!
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
AndrewJDawson

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by Bitlocker being triggered?

I'm using Bitlocker with my Windows laptop and my docking station with DisplayLink drivers and technology. However, the docking station is not enabled until the laptop has the Bitlocker password typed into it (on the laptop keyboard).

It is my belief that we are working on a solution to this situation and hopefully will support Bitlocker in the future, but I can't guarantee anything at this stage.

Kind regards,
Andrew
AndrewJDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
davbryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJDawson View Post
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by Bitlocker being triggered?

I'm using Bitlocker with my Windows laptop and my docking station with DisplayLink drivers and technology. However, the docking station is not enabled until the laptop has the Bitlocker password typed into it (on the laptop keyboard).

It is my belief that we are working on a solution to this situation and hopefully will support Bitlocker in the future, but I can't guarantee anything at this stage.

Kind regards,
Andrew
Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the info, what I'm wondering is, will having Displaylink connected/disconnected -- when I turn on my computer cause the Bitlocker screen to show up?

I know that in many cases dockingstations can cause the bitlocker screen to come up as technically you're changing the hardware setup when you connect/disconnect.

Hope that helps, thanks.
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bitlocker