Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2019, 11:47 PM   #1
kodys

Default Laptop shutting off periodically when using DisplayLink

Hello,

At work, I received a laptop connected to two monitors to replace my desktop. It is a Dell Latitude 5591 connected with DisplayLink Dell D3100 that was set up by our IT guy. I run Windows 10

Periodically (5-10 times per day), my screen will go black and say "power saving mode" and my laptop will shut off without being prompted to. I will have to click the button on my laptop to restart it and all of my pages and spreadsheets will come back up, but my connection to the network will have been lost and it will have to reconnect to the wired internet connection. Why is this happening? What can I do to fix it? It is extremely frustrating and when this happens, my accounting system used has to shut down and restart and I lose whatever work I was in the middle of. please help
kodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #2
AndrewJDawson

Hi Kodys,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums and sorry to hear of the issue you are facing.

It sounds like you need some support. Could I ask you to go to the support page on our website: https://support.displaylink.com and from there click the Contact DisplayLink button. This will raise a support ticket with our team. If you could also provide some logs from your system, this will enable us to know a lot more detail when assisting you with the issue. You can use our support tool to automatically gather these logs: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=65

Kind regards,
Andrew
AndrewJDawson is offline   Reply With Quote