Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Mac 2.3 Beta release

Old 01-13-2015, 01:47 AM   #1
clintonc

Default No signal to monitor in 2.3beta

Hardware: Mac mini Late 2012 (Macmini6,2), 16GB RAM, 2.3 GHz i7 Quad Core

Primary display: 27" Thunderbolt Display, driven by HD 4000 off TB port
Secondary display: 28" Dell P2815Q, driven by StarTech USB32DP4K (DisplayLink) USB 3.0 to DisplayPort External Video Card - 4K

I purchased this from Amazon after reading the beta notes that one DisplayLink display is now supported in Yosemite.

Alas, I cannot get this to work. Without the 2.3beta software installed, the system doesn't even know that the P2815Q is connected, which is what I expected.

With the 2.3beta software installed, the system sees the P2815Q, and the correct resolutions are selectable, the highest being 3840 x 2160, but the monitor reports that it's not receiving any signal on the DisplayPort port.

If I do a screen capture blind by moving the mouse where the desktop in the P2815Q would be, I do get a picture of the desktop, so the video memory seems to be there, but the device is not driving the monitor.

Can anyone tell me when the next beta will be out? If it's not any time soon, I'm shipping this back to Amazon.

Same behaviour is seen with v2.2 of the DisplayLink software; besides this biggest problem, the system becomes sluggish when this software is running

Last edited by clintonc; 01-13-2015 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Additional information.