Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
perlguy9

Default Mavericks 10.9.1

Any word on if 10.9.1 fixes the stability and performance issues?
perlguy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
ehendrix

Just updated to 10.9.1, previously I had an issue with "Show Desktop" ( see other thread in this forum) and that seems to be resolved now.
I haven't had any other real issues (except for "Apple" icon not showing on menubar which is not really a major issue).
ehendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
perlguy9

I've had quite a bit of stability issues, random reboots, etc under 10.9. 10.9.1 does not seem to have helped.
perlguy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
itadmincrbc

I'm totally scared to update.
itadmincrbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
ehendrix

I am running with only 1 Displaylink monitor attached (and 1 display port), so possible that other folks with issues have more then 1 displaylink attached.
ehendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
itadmincrbc

I updated but I'm not even going to try connecting the second monitor to the dock. I know it's not going to work.
itadmincrbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
cclabots

Default doesn't work

I upgraded today:
MacBook Pro early 2013
Using a USB 3.0 SIIG Beyond HD device powered by displaylink as one of two additional displays, 3 in all.
The display link screen displays but is not functional. windows ghost when moved to the screen (they are there but not visible). When selecting display all windows the window appears but when you move it back to one of the other two screens part of the image of the window remains on the display link screen.

Menu bar menus highlight but the drop down menu does not appear.

I'm guessing displaylink didn't test under the beta or didn't finish prior to production release.

The third display on my MacBook Pro is for the most part not functional
cclabots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Carlo
Mac Team

Just updated to 10.9.1 on my Mac. All seems as before for me but please note that I have finally disabled "Displays have separate Spaces" in Mission Control.
I just can't work with the new multiple screen behaviour. I think Ars Technica have just scratched the surface of why it's so inconvenient!
(http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/11...s-x-mavericks/)

We're testing the released 10.9.1 formally as well, so far found corruption on the menubar and new use cases for the known Window Server crashes.
Can you please post here any new issues? We don't always need the full logs, the important details are usually the model of Mac, kind of connection (HDMI/DP/DVI/VGA) and if changing layout makes a difference, for example mirror/main screen or rotation.

Thank you
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
mikefoley

Default Saw problems

Hi,

I updated my Mac yesterday to 10.9.1. When I sat down this morning in front of my Macbook Pro (mid-2012, 16GB, i7, SSD) I found an error like this:

All memory was sucked up by kernel_task. See here:

Uninstalled the driver using the uninstall package. Rebooted. Installed the 2.1 driver. Saw memory immediately balloon up. The system locked up. I had to power cycle.

Then everything started working ok. Memory usage by kernel_task is back to 1.04GB. 2nd screen is working fine.

There was a hell of a memory leak in your code.

I looked in my Downloads folder. I believe the version I was using was 2.1 Beta that was created on September 2nd at 4:45am. I tried to expand the driver pkg files but was unable to do that.

Device used: Monoprice USB 2.0 to DVI adapter. Been using it since 2011. Works great most of the time. No corruption issues, etc..

mike
mikefoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
mark.hopkins

Default Os x 10.9.1

I am running the 2.1 driver on 10.9.1 and all seems well, but could be a bit smoother. Has anyone seen the error on my attachment? It seems informational and does not have negative impact.

Thanks

-Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-12-19 at 9.16.58 AM.jpg (13.7 KB, 14 views)
mark.hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote