Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
SchiefesFenster

Default Dynadock U3.0 with laggy performance

Hi guys,
first of all I loved the Dynadock U10 with Win7, ran smooth and did the job very well.

Now I wanted to hook up the dock with 2 displays and had to let go of the U10 for the U3.0.

My rig:
- Thinkpad T420 (i5 2540m, Samsung SSD 840 250GB, 16GB RAM)
- USB3.0 Express Card StarTech Flush Mount (60MB/s)
- 2 external Full HD screens
- DisplayLink driver version 8.0 M3 (25 Oct 2016)

Test scenario:
I hooked up only 1 monitor to the dock and connected via USB2.0 to exclude issues with the express card USB3.0 adapter. I also didn't connect any USB/LAN/audio devices, just 1 monitor.

Results:
- Windows 7 + U10: Smooth
- Windows 7 + U3.0: Smooth
- Windows 10 Anniversary + U10: Mouse input lag/stutter, slow framerate, CPU load very high, not productively usable
- Windows 10 Anniversary * U3.0: Mouse input lag/stutter, slow framerate, CPU load very high, not productively usable

That leads me to assume something in Windows has changed so that the docks suck and the DisplayLink driver needs to be changed in some way. When are you thinking to get the issues resolved?

Thanks for some words in advance.

EDIT:
I got the debug Files for your insight. Maybe they can help you. I also tried Opera instead of Chrome and saw the performance to be much better but still with a slightly lagging mouse (annoying in the long run). Thanks
DisplayLink Support Files.zip

Last edited by SchiefesFenster; 10-31-2016 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Append help files
SchiefesFenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
SchiefesFenster

Dear support-team,
is there any possibility for you to look into the debug files?
Meanwhile I tried the 2 prior driver versions to no avail.

EDIT:
Now I tried it with my newer laptop just for testing purposes. It got an i5 5500u, 16GB RAM, Geforce 940m and native USB3.0 ports. The station runs way better but when doing work and watching a video sometimes the CPU keeps being used 100% (40% on average) and lagging occurs. It seems to me the driver is brute forcing the connection and something produces massive overhead ...
The process WUDFHost.exe causes the high load.

Last edited by SchiefesFenster; 11-01-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #3
SchiefesFenster

Now after some new KB update packages arrived the issue is much less annoying I guess Microsoft is about resolving the issue somehow ... There´s still some lag but the CPU load was reduced noticeably.