Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
Gwired

Default Identify #'s are not on individual monitors

I have 4 total monitors including the laptop screen on a Windows 8.1 machine.

When running programs maximizing and positioning windows are not accurately fixing to an individual monitor and parts of a window are going into the next window.

When I click Identify under Screen Resolution on the desktop the numbers normally would be centered on each screen. However my issue is that the numbers are moved to the left slightly. 1 is on the laptop. 4 is on the next monitor and it is on the left side of monitor 2. 3 is right in between monitor 2 and 3. And finally 2 is on monitor 3 completely no part of the number is on the actual monitor that is in the picture.

I have reinstalled all drivers, replaced the dock (it is a Dell Dock D3000), uninstalled and reinstalled Display link drivers, did a complete clean of the display link and reinstall.

There are 3 different resolutions.

I am having a hard time searching for this as the results I am getting are for setting the Identify number. That's not what I need the numbers are out of position from the real monitor.

Another "clue" when I run the display link support tool and hit Gather Support information it turns off and turns back on all monitors. For about 10-20 seconds after that the numbers line up. Then it changes to the error state.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 819Y9KG12_20141204_083646.zip (1.11 MB, 0 views)
Gwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
Gwired

Default More Info

When I move locations with a different setup eg two add on monitors instead of three. The identify numbers are in the right locations but the windows are still slightly off so things don't work.
Gwired is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
identify numbers, monitor position.