Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
My.dang

Default Several different DisplayLink issues using ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock

My organization is currently using the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock with the ThinkHelix (3701XXX) Windows 8.1 Enterprise Update 1. Majority of the users have ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock drivers (version 1.07.15 which has DisplayLink Core Software version 7.4.51572.0) installed . Some of the users have 1.07.20 which have 7.6.56275.0 installed. We also have users testing the latest DisplayLink drivers 7.7.57957.0 with the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock 1.07.20 drivers.

We have plenty of users experiencing a plethora of different issues with these DisplayLink docks:

1) No display on external monitor(s) when connected,
2) Flashing and Screen flickering between the native display and the external display(s)
3) "USB device not recognized" error
4) When experiencing the previous error above (3), some times it disables the touch functionality of the native touch screen display.

When any of these problems occur (except for 3 and 4), the USB ports, LAN and etc work. Additionally, reconnecting the USB cable and rebooting will some of the time work. Majority of the time, reinstalling the DisplayLink software bundle resolves the issue until it reoccurs.

I have ran the DisplayLink Support tool to gather information on one of the affected systems (currently experience issues 1 and 2). Additionally, the DisplayLink Support tool crashed in the process (which I also have attached as displaylink log.txt). This is currently affecting 100+ users in my organization.

Please advise.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20141015_161911.zip (687.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: zip 20141015_162056.zip (687.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt displaylink log.txt (839 Bytes, 2 views)
My.dang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blank screen, flashing screen, flickering screen, helix, thinkpad dock