Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #21
Pawel

Lightbulb

The BSOD you're getting is caused by Win Vista drivers being installed on Win 7. I'm pretty sure its a graphics driver that needs to be updated as we closely interact with it, although it may be worth checking if all other drivers are up to date Win 7 drivers.

Also, please download the Windows DisplayLink debug tool from the website below, then gather the system information and send the zip file to us. (delete the memory.dmp file if the zip file is too large to upload). This would give us more information as to what might be wrong.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks
Old 05-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #22
jhrogersii

Thumbs down

I've tried everything mentioned here. None of it works in Windows 7, making this iPad app a complete throw away at this point.

I have installed, uninstalled, set up Windows Firewall, and gone through all of your support posts (including your command like stuff to get the tray icon back). NONE OF IT WORKS. NONE OF IT. And I am sure you are fully aware of the fact. Without the damn tray icon, how the hell are you supposed to set a password? Without the password, you can't set up yout iPad with the computer for the first time. If you can't do that, then DisplayLink isn't much good, is it?

If this has been an issue for paying customers since January, then why hasn't it been FIXED? I work for as a writer for a couple of iOS sites and a podcast, and your iPad app and this shoddy support will be a topic of a rant very soon if you don't get me and others a real fix for this issue. If you can't fix the issue, then you need to at least man up and pull your stated support for Windows 7 off of your site. You are blatantly misrepresenting your product at the present time.