Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #11
Dav1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
Thank you for your feedback.

Please uninstall the software by following the instructions in this FAQ, re-install the software and make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Please let me know if the issue still persists.

Regards
Okay, so I ran the DisplayLink debug tool, and I get an error message. Your program includes the name of my iPad in the file that the tool creates. My iPad is named David's iPad. Your debug program uses incompressible characters to create this file/name. Could the use of the >'< in the name be part of the original problem?

Running the uninstall tool, and reinstalling now seems to only last for a limited time. Once the icon is gone from the tray area, I can no longer log in.

Hope this is useful
Old 01-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
Goofy

Pawel
I cannot set my password since I cannot see the DisplayLink icon despite having the software installed as per your previous post (#3).

I have a single wireless router which is used by my PC and iPad.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
Dav1d

Interesting I did nothing to the software, (did not uninstall, and reinstall) and this morning it works once again (well worked once). Same password it would not accept yesterday it accepts today, (I did not get prompted to enter it again.) Nor did I reboot my computer this morning. I just now re-checked and once again the icon is gone on the PC and I am once again prompted for the password.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
Pawel

Lightbulb

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on our app. There is an article in our knowledgebase explaining how to restore the DisplayLink icon in the system tray. Please visit this website.

Pawel
Old 01-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #15
Dav1d

At first my system seem to run very good, then I noticed that it would fail at about an hour of use. Later the DisplayLink icon would disappear.

I've been playing with my system and I believe that changing the name of my iPad has improved it. At first my iPad had an Apostrophe >'< in it's name and a space. I edited it's name and changed it to just iPad removing the Apostrophe >'< and the space. This seems to improve the stability of my system. It does not fix all problems, by any means. But I can now once again connect multiple times without a need to restart DisplayLinkUI.exe.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #16
Goofy

Thanks for the fix for the DisplayLink icon. I have set a password and now my iPad connects. My PC then says it needs to reboot. Now everytime my PC boots I see a blue screen with the message 'BAD_HEADER_POOL'.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #17
Pawel

Lightbulb

Dav1d - I have also changed my iPad's name to the one including an apostrophe and a space and seen no difference in between using the DisplayLink app now and before, though I'm glad it improved the stability of your system. With regard to the app crashing after about an hour of use, we are aware of it and this issue has been discussed in this post.

Goofy - please go to C:\Windows\Minidump\ , compress the files that are in Minidump folder and upload the zip file to this thread for analysis.

Regards

Pawel
Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #18
Goofy

Pawel, I have attached the minidump files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Minidump.zip (79.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #19
Pawel

Lightbulb

Please update your primary graphics driver and see if the problem continues.

Pawel
Old 01-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #20
Goofy

I have been using the latest graphic driver for my Lenovo T500. The blue screen still occurs.
I've noticed that someone else has had a similar problem with DisplayLink software running on a T500 (see http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=575)