Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
ampra

Default Configurations issue

I have installed the driver on my Windows 7 laptop and both laptop as well as the iPad are connected to the same wireless network. But i am not able to see the laptop name displayed on my iPad app.
What may i be doing wrong?
Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 AM   #2
snoopy

Default Same problem with Vista

I'm experiencing the same problem with Vista. I restarted my laptop to see if that would correct the problem and noticed that the DisplayLink icon was gone from the icon tray.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Pawel

Lightbulb

Thank you for your feedback.

Please uninstall the software by following the instructions in this FAQ, re-install the software and make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Please let me know if the issue still persists.

Regards
Old 01-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
Goofy

I'm still having the same problem. I followed the steps in the FAQ then installed the iPad Host Software Driver. The symptoms are 1) My iPad is not able to see my PC, 2) The Display link icon disappears from the tray after rebooting my PC.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. The iPad and PC are on the same Wifi network.

Any other ideas?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
Pawel

Lightbulb

Please download the Windows DisplayLink debug tool from this website, then gather the system information and upload the zip file to this thread [delete memory.dmp file if the zip file is too large to upload]. This would give us more information as to what might be wrong.

Regards
Old 01-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
Dav1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampra View Post
I have installed the driver on my Windows 7 laptop and both laptop as well as the iPad are connected to the same wireless network. But i am not able to see the laptop name displayed on my iPad app.
What may i be doing wrong?
I am also running Windows 7 (64bit ultimate) and do NOT have thes issues.

Windows 7 defaults to hiding most icons, have you told windows 7 to show the icon, and notifications? How is your network configured? What firewall are you running?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
Goofy

I've checked that the DisplayLink icon is not being hidden by Windows.

I have a Wifi network. Both PC and iPad are configured using DHCP. All other network software is working.

I'm using the Window firewall. When I disable the firewall the PC is visible in the iPad app. The tray icon is still not appearing. When I enter a password it always says Password error.

I've uploaded the output from the debug tool using the 'Ask a Question' support form.

I look forward to your response.

Last edited by Goofy; 01-11-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #8
Dav1d

For password are you creating a simple password like say graysky? And are you entering the same password in both applications?

My laptop is a member of a "home group" is yours?

It sounds like our computers are running the same applications...

Your firewall is blocking NetBIOS port 139TCP, would be my guess as to why the name is not showing, when windows firewall is running. I just installed Windows 7 last month, my Windows 7 is still mostly default settings. Do you have a good network scanner for your iPad?

Last edited by Dav1d; 01-12-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #9
Pawel

Lightbulb

Hi Guys,

The instructions for setting the password can be found in this FAQ.

As for PC name not being seen on the iPad, the PC must be connected wired or wirelessly to the same router as the iPad. Other network configurations are also supported, please refer to this FAQ for further info.

Regards
Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #10
Dav1d

Hmmm, new day and now I am also seeing some of this. I can see my laptops name in displaylink on the iPad. However I can not connect to it, getting an error message about a bad password. And my display link icon on the PC has disappeared from the tray.