Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Allicat

Default Confused (clueless?) newbie

Hi folks.

Have not used more than one screen before, but liked the program and decided to use it with my Win7 pc and my iPad. Downloaded the app on the iPad and the program on my pc, set up my password, clicked on the Displaylink app and Tadaa! There's my pc screen on the iPad.

Except, its only the center of the pc screen, I cannot see my icons which are on the sides of the pc screen and trying to do anything with the iPad results in...nothing. No response whatsoever. When I click on the Displaylink app, the pc screen does show the multiple screen window (whatever its called) as it should, but that's the only thing that happens.

I must be doing something wrong, but haven't a clue as to what - help!

Allicat
Old 08-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
Sourcery

Default clone/mirror or extend?

Hello,

Can you tell me if you have chosen to clone/mirror the screen or extend the desktop to the second screen?

You should extend it, (its a checkbox in XP on the screen properties window, dont know how it looks like in Win7)

IF you have it extended, the it is simply an extension of your desktop and should not show any of the icons on your primary desktop, since this is an _extension_... So depending on how the Ipad screen is aligned to the primary screen (in the screen properties window, not in real life) you should be able to move your mouse to that screen and see the cursor move around. THEN you can move opened windows to the screen, or icons on your desktop if you prefer.

Let me know how it goes...
/Kristian - new to displaylink, not dual monitors...