Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 01-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
EV0

Default E1649FWU with Android.

I have a couple questions, I seen someone asked already if DisplayLink supported android with this monitors chipset. I'm not sure how to find/create a driver through the Open Source. It's for an SGH-T989D 4.0.3 Galaxy SII. One question I have is the ICS Android Linux based? And if so how do I go about finding a driver for it?
Sub question I don't know either. The AOC 16" USB monitor might be to much power to draw for the smartphone to work anyways?
Thanks in advanced

Last edited by EV0; 01-11-2013 at 04:57 PM.
EV0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Dan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV0 View Post
I have a couple questions, I seen someone asked already if DisplayLink supported android with this monitors chipset. I'm not sure how to find/create a driver through the Open Source. It's for an SGH-T989D 4.0.3 Galaxy SII. One question I have is the ICS Android Linux based? And if so how do I go about finding a driver for it?
It's possible (just about), but not for the faint hearted, and you have to root the phone. It you are familiar with linux kernel drivers you can just about get something working.

Quote:
Sub question I don't know either. The AOC 16" USB monitor might be to much power to draw for the smartphone to work anyways?
Thanks in advanced
You would need a powered hub to make it sensible.

The short answer is, wait until it's officially supported.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #3
EV0

Patience .... we meet once again. Haha okay. I don't have a problem with rooting my phone at all. And as being 'sensible' If i drain a whole 3800mAh battery to watch a movie without using a power pack that is a-ok with me. But thank you a lot for your input. I do know of linux java scripts and some background I learnt in school but not enough to quite make it work myself. So i'll keep poking around hoping someone gets it. Thanks dan!
EV0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, aoc, driver, linux, monitor