Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
singa-banga

Unhappy Screensharing apps eating 30% CPU and causing lag/skipping

Hi

So I'm on windows 7 64bit. I understand this is backwards but what can you do on work PC.

When I view screen shared by others - in a standard sized window - typically 1920x1080, I experience said issues - 30% CPU for the given app (be it skype for business / webex / circuit) + huge lag/mouse skipping systemwide.

Even when nothing is happening on the viewed screen. And it is used for very low profile content, just mouse cursor moving on static background usually, not video and the like.

Any idea how to fix this? Problem only happens when the i-tec U3DUAL4KHDMI using DL-6950 is used in the system (but even when I move the app to a monitor not going via USB it's the same).
singa-banga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #2
ChrisHowarth

I had the same thing using Zoom when screensharing. Applications in my VM run fine until I start sharing the screen then the VM runs like a dog.
I have a Dell Inspiron 7560 with 24Gb i7-7500, Inte HD 620 & Geforce 940MX and Dell D3100, HP Omen 35 3440x1440 (HDMI) & Dell U2414H 1920x1080 (DP).
It seemed to get worse after I upgraded my monitor from an HD to the 3440x1440 but I only share my HD screen, not the big one. The Windows Driver Foundation cranks up to 30%-60% CPU, the fans start blowing and it almost grinds to a halt.
I've just updated the DL driver to 9.0 after the Win 1809 update yesterday reported that the DL driver (8.3) is not compatible. I'll see later today whether it's helped or not but I'm not tremendously hopeful.
ChrisHowarth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4k uhd, dl-6950, high cpu, screensharing