Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #1
JonathanSmithey

Default Asus MB168B+ Mirroring Issue

Hi All,

I've got an Asus MB168B+ and am trying to mirror my main laptop display on it.

The mirroring works fine if I have the resolution set to either 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 but if I set it to 1366 x 768 the mirroring appears small on the Asus MB168B+. It's smaller than the laptop screen and have a black border all of the way around (about 1.5" at the top & bottom and 2.5" to the left and right).

I thought that the image would "stretch to fit" and just have the black border at either the top / bottom or the sides.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and have the Display Manager v7.6.5573.0 installed

Has anyone else experienced this problem or got any fixes / workarounds for it?

Thanks in anticipation of a response
JonathanSmithey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
JonathanSmithey

Hi all,

Please find attached the log file for my installation if that helps

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip LT027464_20150116_160929.zip (506.6 KB, 1 views)
JonathanSmithey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #3
kevinpwhite

Default Asus MB168B+

Hello,

Yes - I have the same issue.... but also a bit more of the picture..
I wanted to be able to set a custom Resolution on the MB168B+ when either Mirrored or extended onto it so I can effectively control the magnification/relative size, depending on the distance away - at 1920x1080 web pages text etc. are quite small at any distance.

I have an Intel HD 4000 Graphics controller and have found that it doesn't recognise the external DisplayLink monitor at all, although it shows in the Windows Display Panel and can be set to pre-set 4:3 lower resolutions (though NOT 1366x768).

I think the OP's initial issue and this are all part of the same thing. It's not Drivers per se.... full uninstall/reinstall of both the Intel and DisplayLink ones makes no odds. Seems to be the interaction between them.

If anyone is able to shed any light I will be most grateful !

Best regards,

Kevin
kevinpwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
Wim

In mirror mode, both displays must have the same resolution. If both displays have the same mode, then they will both be able to display full screen and the ASUS monitor will upscale the image.

If the mode is only available in the primary monitor and not the ASUS, it will still appear in the mode list, but we will actually choose the next highest resolution (as we don't support the resolution requested) and "letterbox" the image. This is what is happening at 1366x768.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #5
mfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpwhite View Post
Hello,

Yes - I have the same issue.... but also a bit more of the picture..
I wanted to be able to set a custom Resolution on the MB168B+ when either Mirrored or extended onto it so I can effectively control the magnification/relative size, depending on the distance away - at 1920x1080 web pages text etc. are quite small at any distance.

I have an Intel HD 4000 Graphics controller and have found that it doesn't recognise the external DisplayLink monitor at all, although it shows in the Windows Display Panel and can be set to pre-set 4:3 lower resolutions (though NOT 1366x768).

I think the OP's initial issue and this are all part of the same thing. It's not Drivers per se.... full uninstall/reinstall of both the Intel and DisplayLink ones makes no odds. Seems to be the interaction between them.

If anyone is able to shed any light I will be most grateful !

Best regards,

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

I'm struggling with the exactly same issue you've described here: 1920x1080 is too small on the Asus MB168+. I also tried a custom resolution as a workaround and believe I hit the same road block with the graphics card/controller.

Did you ever get your Intel HD 4000 Graphics controller to 'see' the Asus MB/External Displaylink monitor?

Regards,

Michael
mfeld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
issue, mb168b+, mirror, mirroring, resolution