Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2019, 09:06 AM   #1
mikac

Default 6 screens configuration with dual Dell Universal Dock D6000

I have HP Probook 470 G5 and Dell Universal Dock D6000 with connected 3 FHD screens.
I am planning to extend my configuration and add 3 more FHD screens.
Is it possible to connect one more D6000 to existing one so every D6000 will be running 3 screens?
Does it DisplayLink chip in this dock support this kind of configuration?
mikac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
AndrewJDawson

Hi Mikac,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I am under the impression that you would be able to get up to 5 monitors working using two D6000 docks, but not 6. The reason for this is that whilst you can daisy chain the docks to extend the DisplayPort capability, the third HDMI alt-mode on the daisy chain'd dock would not be passed through. The DisplayPort output is also only sent to one USB-C port, so you wouldn't be able to use two USB-C ports on your laptop to connect the two different docks to either.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Andrew
AndrewJDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:39 PM   #3
mikac

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your quick answer.
So connecting two D6000 in a chain can give me output only for 5 monitors.
My laptop has separate HDMI and VGA output. Can I connect 6th monitor in HDMI output on my laptop?
Will that configuration work?
Old 11-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #4
AndrewJDawson

Hi,

I believe that configuration would work indeed. I'd be grateful if you could let us know if it does.

Kind regards,
Andrew
AndrewJDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #5
sgkean

You could daisy chain two D6000 for the 5 screens as mentioned above. Then you can also get a USB 3 to 4K adapter for the 6th. Or use the onboard HDMI for the 6th.

One word of warning though, assuming you're using the Type-C for video on the first D6000 to get the 3 monitors, it "could" share video signal with the HDMI, not allowing you to use the Type-C video (HDMI on the D6000) and the HDMI on the laptop at the same time. It's rare, but possible. I've had one model that was like this, but can't remember which one it was.
sgkean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:22 PM   #6
JamesH

We showed 8x 4K displays at CES a while back - here's a video showing the setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrUydBu35-s
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:31 PM   #7
mikac

Thank you all for your suggestions.
After many research what will be the best option to make 6 screen configuration and keep only one cable connected to my laptop i finally found the best solution for me.
It is Dell D3100 which is connected to Dell Uniiversal Dock D6000 through USB 3.0.
On this way I have finally 6 screen working perfectly, charge my laptop and all other peripherals are connected to any dock working as well.
I hope that this info would help somebody with similar configuration.
Only problem what I have so far is night light option. After I apply this patch to registry https://support.displaylink.com/know...on-displaylink
Night light option is available on all 3 outputs on D3100 but on D6000 is available only on HDMI output. When I disconnect D3100, Night light option also work on D6000 HDMI output only.
On link above clearly stated „Note that this is only supported on DisplayPort outputs from a DL-6950 based product.“ So, D6000 is DL-6950 based product and not working from DisplayPort, only through HDMI. How to enable Night light option on all ports on D6000?

Last edited by mikac; 10-18-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 04:59 PM   #8
Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikac View Post
Only problem what I have so far is night light option. After I apply this patch to registry https://support.displaylink.com/know...on-displaylink
Night light option is available on all 3 outputs on D3100 but on D6000 is available only on HDMI output. When I disconnect D3100, Night light option also work on D6000 HDMI output only.
On link above clearly stated „Note that this is only supported on DisplayPort outputs from a DL-6950 based product.“ So, D6000 is DL-6950 based product and not working from DisplayPort, only through HDMI. How to enable Night light option on all ports on D6000?
Interesting thread as I'd never considered daisy chaining!

I am posting as I too have the same night light issue and would really like to get it sorted - running 3 Screens from a D6000 plus the laptop itself.

The laptop and HDMI screen are fine but the other 2, connected by Display Port do not change to Night Mode.

Any fix in the pipeline please?
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:39 PM   #9
sgkean

The latest DisplayLInk 10.3 finally allowed me to get Night Light to work on the Dell D6000 docking stations. Took a reboot after the install to get it to work, but now have it running on several test systems.
sgkean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6 screens.d6000