Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
klassa

Default problems with Plugable adapter and DisplayLink drivers

So far, I've tried the 1.7 driver, the 1.8 alpha driver, and the 1.8 final driver.

I'm running MacOS 10.6 on a mid-2010 MacBook Pro.

I'm connected to an HP display as primary (via dual-link DVI) and a Dell display (via the Plugable on USB).

When I have the DisplayLink drivers installed (either one), I can't boot with a monitor attached. The boot stalls before I even get the spinning gray circle.

Once booted, I experience a loss of USB connectivity from time to time -- seemingly randomly. Things will be fine, then all of a sudden my USB-connected keyboard stops working.

Is there a way to check whether these are known bugs? Is there something I can do to work with DisplayLink engineering to help track the problems down?
klassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
klassa

Oh... And the performance of the display attached via the Plugable is quite poor.

Google Chrome also seems to have problems with it -- as in, if I view a forum (like hondashadow.net) with Chrome on the main display, then move the window to the Plugable-connected display, I actually get *logged out* of the forum. Absolutely bizarre.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
Aaron @ Plugable

Default Contacting Plugable Support

Hi klassa,

I work at Plugable. I wanted you to know I'd seen your posting here. It's great that you let DisplayLink know about the problems you're seeing with the Mac drivers for the Plugable adapter. As the maker of the chipset in our graphics adapters, we want DisplayLink to be aware of any DisplayLink driver-related issues that are affecting Plugable customers.

I might be able to help, too, if you want to write me directly at support@plugable.com. While I can't make changes to the drivers, I might know some workarounds that can mitigate the issues you're seeing. Feel free to reference me in the subject line so that my colleagues can route your query to me.

Thanks,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies
Aaron @ Plugable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
klassa

Hi Aaron -- I was working with Jerome (from Plugable) for a time, but he wasn't able to help me resolve the issues... I'd be happy to give it another shot, though, if there's new info that may help.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
mikeytown2

Default Google Chrome

There is an open bug for chrome
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/is...tail?id=109402

Quick solution is to launch chrome with this command line argument
Code:
--disable-accelerated-compositing
mikeytown2 is offline   Reply With Quote