Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
mgfiest

Default window7 and displaylink 7.4 m4 crashes

Hi,

I am using a Diamond Multimedia WPCTVPRO VStream Wireless USB PC to TV with the displaylink 7.4 m4 s/w. When I start a video for the first time, it crashes. I restart the unit it does not crash anymore.

Attach is the zip file that the Tech Support page on Displaylink ask me to do if this happens.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip MICHAEL-PC_20140219_033212.zip (558.4 KB, 1 views)
mgfiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Wim

What crashes? The video player? The computer or driver for the WPCTVPRO? Is there any error message?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
mgfiest

the driver for the wpctvpro and there are no messages...it disconnect from my tv, the video is still playing on my laptop. I restart the wpctvpro and the video streaming to the tv does not have anymore problem.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
Wim

It sounds like the wireless link is crashing, not the DisplayLink software. The wireless link is not made by DisplayLink. I think it would be best to contact Diamond about this as it is outside the DisplayLink technology in this product.

Wim
Old 02-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
mgfiest

but the driver for the wireless link is displaylink... i bet i am gonna get finger pointing... i will contact diamond
Old 02-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfiest View Post
but the driver for the wireless link is displaylink... i bet i am gonna get finger pointing... i will contact diamond
It's not. DisplayLink is just the video driver, and our USB driver is for a wired link. There is a driver for the wireless link that was made by alereon, but this now looks to be owned by Samsung (which is why the device can come up as a Samsung mass storage device, which installs the wireless driver).

Wim
Old 03-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
mgfiest

well.. well.. just finished with Diamond support and had to install Displaylink 7.5 M1... now that tells me it was the Driver issue... all the same it fixed now.