Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #41
jimAH

Apart from as previously mentioned attaching the logs I'd recommend you:

Attach a list of all running processes on your computer (run this from a command prompt wmic process get description,executablepath).

What is your current power plan (listed under Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options)?

List what exactly is attached to your dock when the system freezes.

Try resetting the BIOS to it's default settings and see if it still happens.
jimAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #42
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by skynerd View Post
I encountered the freeze with the DisplayLink software removed; in viewing device manager, there is a lisitng under Other Devices for an Adriatic USB Dock, which I have now disabled (no drivers for the dock are listed).
That is interesting, and makes it even more important as to what hardware users are using. As far as I am aware, and no-one has stated differently, this is all occurring with the HP Media Docking station.

If the DisplayLink software is not installed (ie no DisplayLink Core Software in Control panel-> programs) and the PC is still freezing, then it becomes less likely to be DisplayLink software issue. There are also audio and Ethernet drivers for the devices on this dock, but they are not provided by DisplayLink. We only provide the video output on this dock.

Could you also try disabling the Ethernet and audio to try and work out what component is causing the freezing?

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #43
skynerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
That is interesting, and makes it even more important as to what hardware users are using. As far as I am aware, and no-one has stated differently, this is all occurring with the HP Media Docking station.

If the DisplayLink software is not installed (ie no DisplayLink Core Software in Control panel-> programs) and the PC is still freezing, then it becomes less likely to be DisplayLink software issue. There are also audio and Ethernet drivers for the devices on this dock, but they are not provided by DisplayLink. We only provide the video output on this dock.

Could you also try disabling the Ethernet and audio to try and work out what component is causing the freezing?

Thanks

Wim
My computer froze twice today, with the DisplayLink core software NOT installed and the dock disabled.

I have now reinstalled the DisplayLink Core Software and enabled the dock, but DISABLED the audio driver (HP Media Port Rep Audio). I'll report back in a few days.

Stan Kynerd
skynerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #44
skynerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by skynerd View Post
My computer froze twice today, with the DisplayLink core software NOT installed and the dock disabled.

I have now reinstalled the DisplayLink Core Software and enabled the dock, but DISABLED the audio driver (HP Media Port Rep Audio). I'll report back in a few days.

Stan Kynerd
Used configuaration above all afternoon and no freeze; couldnt stand waiting, so I uninstalled the current driver HP uses for the dock (Conexant version 1.29.8.0/HP USB Media Port Rep Audo), and installed the previous USB audio driver (1.25.00A); will report back when something becomes evident (either a freeze or no freeze after several days).

Stan Kynerd
Old 09-25-2011, 04:11 AM   #45
Wim

Thanks skynerd. Please let us know if there is any update. It would have been good to find the cause of the issue.

Could other users with the issue try the same change with the audio drivers and see if it solves the issue?

Thanks

Wim
Old 09-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #46
skynerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Thanks skynerd. Please let us know if there is any update. It would have been good to find the cause of the issue.

Could other users with the issue try the same change with the audio drivers and see if it solves the issue?

Thanks

Wim
As noted I rolled my USB audio driver back to 1.25.00A; I am happy to report that since I rolled my audio driver back, my computer has NOT frozen (I DO have Display Link Driver 5.6.31854.0 installed and enabled).

At least for my system, the problem appears to have been the audio driver and not the Display Link Driver.

Wim: thanks for staying with us on this issue.

Stan
Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #47
ahatton

Unhappy "Freezing" HP Displaylink Dock issue.

Hi.
We have also had the "Freezing" HP Displaylink Dock issue.
We have HP 5330M i5 Processor. This is the HP model running Beats Audio.
The dock we are using is the HP AY052ET#AC3
This doesn't have audio. We have the dock set-up to passthrough Ethernet, Display, Mouse and Keyboard (in other words, the standard set-up)
We have found that switching off Aero Transparency seems to make a difference to the freezing in IE.
Please can display link advise on what the situation is regarding the stability of this product and the best (most stable drivers) we should be using.
thanks.
Andy
ahatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #48
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahatton View Post
Hi.
We have also had the "Freezing" HP Displaylink Dock issue.
We have HP 5330M i5 Processor. This is the HP model running Beats Audio.
The dock we are using is the HP AY052ET#AC3
This doesn't have audio. We have the dock set-up to passthrough Ethernet, Display, Mouse and Keyboard (in other words, the standard set-up)
We have found that switching off Aero Transparency seems to make a difference to the freezing in IE.
Please can display link advise on what the situation is regarding the stability of this product and the best (most stable drivers) we should be using.
thanks.
Andy
Do you actually have the same problem on this thread of the whole laptop freezing, or just the screen attached to the dock?

This thread is about the whole system freezing. If it is different to this problem, please raise a new thread, with details about your system, having tried v5.6 M1 and v6.0 software to see if they solve the issue.

Wim
Old 10-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #49
IT helper

Default In the same boat without a paddle

Laptops (3) are HP dv7

USB Media Docking Stations with the latest drivers from HP

Laptops freeze several times a day. Disconnect the docking station and the laptops work fine.

Has there been any resolution to this issue? I am getting ready to ship all three docks back to HP without a clear resolution.

R
IT helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #50
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT helper View Post
Laptops (3) are HP dv7

USB Media Docking Stations with the latest drivers from HP

Laptops freeze several times a day. Disconnect the docking station and the laptops work fine.

Has there been any resolution to this issue? I am getting ready to ship all three docks back to HP without a clear resolution.

R
Have you tried rolling back the audio drivers as stated in post 46? The audio drivers are not provided by DisplayLink, so this should be raised with HP directly.

Thanks

Wim