Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Azzkikr

Default Displaylink Connects/disconnects Lenovo Twist

Brand new Lenovo Twist Win 8 with latest patches fom both MS and Lenovo. Installed latest drivers from Displaylink 7.4 attached device after install and not 2 mins after connection the displaylink begins to connect and disconnect over and over and never stops until I turn it off. Contacted Lenovo and they are send me another device under warranty. We will update here with results.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MP3Y6PC_20131010_104331.zip (4.10 MB, 1 views)

Last edited by Azzkikr; 10-10-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Azzkikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

If the issue persists please attach the debug logs:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Azzkikr

Default Attached files

Received a replacement display link and I continue to have the same problem. The device will disconnect/reconnect about every 30 seconds and continue to do so until I power it off or disconnect it from my computer. Please take a look at the files and let me know if you can help.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Wim

It looks like the monitor connected to the dock is coming and going through the HotPlug detect. Is the video cable plugged in properly or do you have another cable you could try?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
Azzkikr

I removed the display all together and the problem still persists. As a matter of fact I do not have any devices attached and the problem persists. I have only 2 port to plug into and this issue happens no matter what port I am in on the twist.

As a matter of fact I opened the ctrl panel and then opened hardware. I watched the hardware list change every time the display link connects and disconnects. What I found is when connecting I have an additional hardware line added and there are 2 sub categories - The main title is

USB Display Adapters - under it are to more listings as follows:
----Display Link Display Adapter (4302)
----Thinkpad USB 3.0 Dock

These listing appear and disappear in conjunction with the connect and disconnect of the displaylink device.

Last edited by Azzkikr; 10-24-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post
I removed the display all together and the problem still persists. As a matter of fact I do not have any devices attached and the problem persists. I have only 2 port to plug into and this issue happens no matter what port I am in on the twist.

As a matter of fact I opened the ctrl panel and then opened hardware. I watched the hardware list change every time the display link connects and disconnects. What I found is when connecting I have an additional hardware line added and there are 2 sub categories - The main title is

USB Display Adapters - under it are to more listings as follows:
----Display Link Display Adapter (4302)
----Thinkpad USB 3.0 Dock

These listing appear and disappear in conjunction with the connect and disconnect of the displaylink device.
That means our chip is being disconnected and reconnected to the USB bus and means the problem is somewhere in the USB path.

If you "View devices by connection" you should be able to see exactly which part of the USB chain is disconnecting. This would be useful to know if it is just our chip or if it is a USB hub further up the USB path.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Azzkikr

Ok thanks - I will check that out and update here.