Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
mkrieger

Default No love

I'm using Win7 RTM (64bit) with the 5.2 drivers and a UV Plus 16 from EVGA (supported in the release notes).

I went through the driver install, rebooted, and I can see three monitors in my setup. One being my laptop monitor, one being off the docking port of said laptop, and one being the UV+.

When I select 'extend desktop to this display' nothing happens. The screen is just black. I unplug the adapter from the usb and the screen flickers a second. I plug the usb back in and the screen flickers a moment (no picture) and then no display.

Any suggestions? My lappie is a HP touchsmart tx2.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
mkrieger

I restarted the service and things came up... I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
msawlor

Default Black screen even though the display is correct in control Panel

I am having the same issue with a similar set up win 7 64bit, but I have 2 display links and only one is black right not. I upgraded my drivers and that fixed one monitor. Resetting the service made it flicker a bit and I could see a flash of the desktop but it went black again. I have had no issues with the adaptors before yesterday.

So restarting the service does nothing for me.. any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: zip displayLog.zip (83.9 KB, 740 views)
Old 09-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
msawlor

Smile Properly installed 5.2RC drivers to fix my blank screen issue in win 7 RC 7100

Once I uninstalled the old display link drivers, rebooted and then re installed the 5.2 RC drivers the issue seems to have gone away as quickly as it appeared. I guess now I just wait and hope it doesn’t happen again.