Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
rcorradini

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklam View Post
So let's see if I understand this correctly:

You have made a beta driver for Windows 7 which includes a check which prevents it from being installed in Windows 7.

Don't you think you could have spared yourself the effort?

Especially since you had a perfectly fine working driver for Windows 7 RC?

Wish I had kept that driver, I probably would have a running monitor by now, and would not have to wait for a development team to remove a worthless and unneccesary check which wasn't needed in the first place.

But perhaps I am completely wrong, and you could enlighten me?

Greetz, jack
I completely Agree...Can Displaylink please respond?

Robert Corradini
Old 09-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
NickWasHere

Angry Big Problem Here

Seb,

Your customers need your response on the WIN7 RTM issues. You specifically say in your driver announcement that "for all the lucky people out there with Win 7, here is a driver that works!". That is clearly untrue.

I don't feel lucky at all. I feel I was lied to. I got rid of vista and installed MSDN's Official Win7 and am now screwed out of the monitors I was told by you would work.

I am not mad at you specifically, but your company needs to shape up and deal with this asap.

Also, Put a warning up so that others do not fall into the trap we did!!!.

And please respond to those eagerly awaiting.

- Nick
Old 09-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

All,

The Compatibility Check that takes place runs to ensure that the PC you are using is supported by DisplayLink's software. It checks some of your system resources, OS versions and especially checks what graphics card adapter(s)/GPUs you have installed.

At present this beta driver does not officially support machines with multiple graphics adapters, and hence this error is shown. This is because we are known to have interoperability issues on some machines, and therefore wanted to restrict usage on these machines.

After some reconsideration, we have today released a new beta driver that allows you to override this check, and continue to use DisplayLink's software at your own risk. Please remember that you may encounter incompatibility problems on such machines, and we do not officially support such machines.

I hope that this is of benefit to some of you who have encountered problems with this new check we have introduced.

Regards, and apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Seb
Old 09-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
NickWasHere

Default Thank You

Thank You Seb, please feel free to delete my thread. I will test out these drivers now and post my results.

- Nick
Old 09-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
NickWasHere

Smile New Beta Works

Complete Success, Remove old drives, install new ones, and restart.

Works Perfectly!

Seb, it doesn't tell you to restart after install, while it should be common knowledge, you may want to add that to your post.

Thanks,

- Nick
Old 09-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickWasHere View Post
Complete Success, Remove old drives, install new ones, and restart.

Works Perfectly!

Seb, it doesn't tell you to restart after install, while it should be common knowledge, you may want to add that to your post.

Thanks,

- Nick
Nick,

I'm glad you are up and running again. To my knowledge you shouldn't need to reboot the driver, so this maybe a bug that you encountered. I will check with the team, and if need be request more information from you.

Let us know if you encounter any further issues.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #17
sniblit

Was able to get my win7 working. I installed the new beta and got the same incompatible error. I realized I still had a secondary pci graphics card in the computer. I removed it and all is well.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #18
rcorradini

Smile Works Here to....alittle buggy

Hello, I installed the driver and did have to reboot to get it working, but it is working now...it seems alittle buggy...the display goes fuzzy and then if you move the mouse around in the USB monitor, it goes back to normal....and it is not very often..other than that...so far so good....
Old 09-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #19
intellilogic

5.2b2 didn't work for me
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67
Old 09-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #20
NickWasHere

Default Resolution Error

Seb,

Quick update on whats going on with my setup. Since yesterday my 3rd monitor (the EVGA UV+ one) will only work correctly in 800 X 600 resolution.

I did reinstall the drivers (had to restart afterwords again btw) Had my original 1024 X 768 working again.. and then later when I restarted my computer it wouldnt work till I dropped it to 800 X 600.

It is a small dell screen, 17in normal monitor, and the monitor firmware is telling me "can not display resolution because it is over 1024 X 768" when it is set to just that.

I am running.
Win 7 Ultimate RTM
Intel Quad Core 32bit
4g SLI memory
Nvidia 9800 GTX 2 (dual core split between two monitors)
EVGA UV+ USB to VGA adapter (3rd monitor with your drivers)