Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
MichaelM

Default Problems with DisplayLink

Hello,
I'm having problems with the software/hardware.

I have a "Forward Video USB to DVI" adapter.
Previously I was using it on Windows Vista Ultimate with 3 displays.Two of the displays are coming off of an ATI Radeon X1650 (dual output) and the third display via this ForwardVideo USD to DVI device. I then upgraded to the Windows 7 beta and then to the Windows 7 RC. On Windows 7 I was then using your original Windows 7 drivers. Throughout all of this everything worked with no problems at all and I was using the three monitors for several months.

One day I decided I wanted to install Ubuntu on a spare partition so I put in the CD and went through the installation. The installation failed (dodgy CD I think) so I gave up right there and then.

When I then restarted my system and logged into Windows 7 RC the monitor coming off the USB device wasn't working. I tried changing modes, changing resolutions and everything else I could think of but no success.

I then uninstalled the driver and tried to reinstall - same problem... monitor not working.

It's been like this for about a month and today I saw the release of the beta drivers for Windows 7...

I made sure that the original software was gone... restarted my system... and then installed the beta software.

During installation there was no "Succesfully installed" message" or anything like that. After waiting about 3 minutes of it doing nothing I restarted. I then attached the USB device and the monitor and nothing happended.

Since then I've restarted countless times but still no success.

Ive tried using the Windows debug tool you provide but that didnt work - it created an error log containing the following...

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "debug_tool_gui.py", line 1, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd
Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm on Windows 7 build 7100 - The monitor connected to the USB device is a Samsung Syncmaster 913N 19".

Thanks
Old 08-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
MichaelM

Please ignore this - Problem solved! It was a problem with the USB cable! Arrrggghhh.. I hate these annoying little things.

Thanks