Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
xps13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xps13 View Post
the drivers you posted are for a Asus motherboard, so I don't think i can use it? The same no display issue comes up in the usb2 port.
Any updates?
xps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
nlandas

Quote:
the drivers you posted are for a Asus motherboard, so I don't think i can use it? The same no display issue comes up in the usb2 port.
I have an XPS 13 as well with the same problems described by others. I downloaded the archive that is linked in the previous post. (THANK YOU.) I checked out the archive and it seems to have a driver package directly from Fresco. I gave it a try and (knock on wood) the problem has not occurred for over 14 hours. I came in the next day, after leaving my laptop plugged in and locked and was able to log right in.

The file I used in the archive is......
FLUSB3.0-3.5.46.0 (Signed by Fresco Logic.)

I've emailed my DELL representative to ask if they can report to the department in DELL that would update the driver package on their support site but until then, I think trying those newer Fresco drivers is a good idea.

Now obviously, it would be nice to test this longer and I'd recommend backing up any important data as a safeguard and PLEASE CREATE a restore point. When you are done, report back to the forum your results so that other DELL XPS 13 users can benefit from the results. I'll try and remember to pop back and let everyone know how my testing goes after a longer period of time. (Fingers crossed.)

I'm loving my Ultrabook and if this Targus 3.0 Superspeed with dual displaylink ports works stably, I've just replaced my desktop. Something I never thought I would ever do.

-Nyle
nlandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
nlandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
I suspect this could be due to the Fresco Host controller. Could you try updating the driver to the latest 3.5.46 version from here:

http://station-drivers.com/page/fresco_logic.htm

Does the same issue happen if they use the USB 2.0 ports?

Thanks

Wim
Quote:
Thank you for the link.

The relevant file is.......
FLUSB3.0-3.5.46.0 (Signed by Fresco Logic.)

See my earlier post for my results.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #14
nlandas

Ok, after a little more testing I have found that it is more stable but still not what I would call rock solid. This is with my Targus DisplayLink based SuperSpeed 3.0 port replicator. Does anyone have the same problems to report with other devices?

So I'm running the latest USB drivers and the latest DisplayLink.

My behavior is that randomly my Dell XPS13 Ultrabook seemingly looses connection to the port replicator. It's not always display, sometimes just the NIC drops off but it's using a Displaylink driver too. All in all this has not been a smooth experience and I can't recommend this yet as a solution to our non-technical staff.

I'd love to equip our Administrators with Ultrabooks and DisplayLink port replicators but not until I can work these issues out.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
wadegibson

I've had similar problems with my Dell XPS 14Z and Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station with Power. In the morning I will connect the power to my laptop and USB connection, power on, and I will have USB connectivity (keyboard, mouse, USB drive), but no video and no ethernet. I figured out a couple weeks ago to just unplug the dock power and re-plug then everything appears and works fine.

I finally got frustrated enough with having to do this every single day, so today I Googled the issue and found this thread. A couple weeks ago when the problem started I had uninstalled all of the DisplayLink software and drivers, then downloaded and reinstalled the latest DisplayLink 6.3m0 software, but that didn't help any. It was the same whether plugging into a USB 2 or 3 port. I also tried downloading the Fresco USB drivers posted earlier in the thread, but upon installing it said it couldn't find any Fresco USB controllers (my dock apparently has a Texas Instruments Root USB Hub).

Interestingly enough, even though I was running the 6.3m0 software (latest on DisplayLink download site), this morning I ran Windows Updates and there was a DisplayLink software update posted that was published in the past few days. I installed that, rebooted, and now things seem to be working fine (for now).

I hope this continues to work. I've been really happy with this dock/laptop combination so far aside from these few bugs.
wadegibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #16
xps13

I'm pretty sure this is a hardware issue, not a software issue. How else would re-powering the dock fix the issue? Targus really should be responding to this.
xps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
wadegibson

This seems to be getting worse. Now even unplugging/re-plugging the power on the dock doesn't fix it. I've completely uninstalled/re-installed the 6.3M0 software to no avail. Still no video or ethernet connectivity, only USB. This dock is turning out to be a glorified USB hub and I'm really frustrated with it.

Does anyone from DisplayLink read these forums?
wadegibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
Wim

Hi Guys

This does sound like it could be hardware with the device not appearing on the USB bus. Are you all using the same Targus product (ACP71 - with the laptop PSU)?

When you have issues, how much of the dock appears on the USB bus? Can you use device manager and "View devices by connection" to see if it is just the DisplayLink chip that is not appearing or if the USB 3 hub in the dock is also not appearing? Might help diagnose the issue.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #19
pbhatia

Default XPS 13, Kensington DVI/Ethernet Universal Dock

I am having the following issues with my XPS 13 (Win 7 64bit) and Kensington Dock:

After updating the latest display link drivers (6.3) and USB drivers (3.5.56):

1. The ethernet port on the dock does not work
2. Gives me the following error - Display Adapter is not supported on this operating system version
3. The USB ports on the dock (keyboard, mouse) seem to be working.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
pbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
pbhatia

Default NO VIDEO/Computer Icon

In addition to the post above, i also do not see a computer (displaylink) icon in the task bar. The monitor display is not working either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
pbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote