Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2024, 08:54 PM   #1
macUser95

Default Dell DS1000 duplicates display on other screen with M1 Macbook Pro

Hi everyone,

Just downloaded DisplayLink today to get my M1 Macbook Pro to connect to the dell screen. I have an additional screen which I've connected via the HDMI port on the DS1000 and a dell screen which is connected with a D-port connection.

The weird thing is that DisplayLink says No DisplayLink-enabled display detected.

Does anyone have a similar set up and can advise me on how to get the two displays to show as extension displays rather than duplicates?

TIA
macUser95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 11:04 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macUser95 View Post
Hi everyone,

Just downloaded DisplayLink today to get my M1 Macbook Pro to connect to the dell screen. I have an additional screen which I've connected via the HDMI port on the DS1000 and a dell screen which is connected with a D-port connection.

The weird thing is that DisplayLink says No DisplayLink-enabled display detected.

Does anyone have a similar set up and can advise me on how to get the two displays to show as extension displays rather than duplicates?

TIA
According to the information in the manual for your product --> https://dl.dell.com/topicspdf/dell-d...uide_en-us.pdf
The Dell DS1000 unit does NOT have DisplayLink technology inside of it.

DisplayLink technology is a combination of software and hardware. If your device does not have DisplayLink hardware inside of it, then the DisplayLink the software will not work.

The behavior you describe (mirrored displays) suggests that the Dell product has a DisplayPort Multi-stream Transport hub inside of it (aka as DP MST). Macs do NOT support DP MST, which is why your displays are mirrored.

A video that demonstrates this detail is here --> https://youtu.be/HNoGjqrrSok?si=OkO0LKIHtg4Ciifm
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote