Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2016, 07:32 AM   #1
Roderick

Default Repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting

Hope you can help. I have followed all the relevant fault finding steps for this problem numerous times, including running through a USB3 hub (mains powered) on the monitor, though I cannot manage to resolve a driver issue with Intel(R) HM76 Express Chipset LPC Controller - 1E59 and Win 10.

Resolution of 2048x1152 is fine but 2560x1440 (max res of the external monitor) stops and starts as per the subject. As the problem is consistent and also exacerbated by more white space on the screen, I enabled the advanced logging and repeated the fault condition recording. This time though a Firefox browser with mostly white space was maximised on the external monitor and the problem changed to the external display being blank all the time.

Regards,

Roderick
Attached Files
File Type: zip TAP20_20160424_140644.zip (1.19 MB, 2 views)
Roderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:31 AM   #2
Anush

I had similar issue with Sound and Ethernet. Changing the USB 3.0 cable solved the problem.

I do not use the dock for Video anymore due to high CPU usage of W10 driver.

Thanks!
Anush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
AlbanRampon

Anush, High CPU of Win10 driver?? What do mean by that?

Roderick, would you please be able to provide logs as described in my forum signature?
1. Are you windows being redrawn to the main monitor when it disconnects? If not, then the issue is between your external device and the monitor as Windows doesn't know the screen dropped.
2. How is your monitor connected? HMDI, VGA..?
3. Is it a long or cheap cable? Your monitor could lose synch.

Our algorithm doesn't care if it's a black, white or even pink pixel. We have an equal opportunity driver. Therefore the issue is unlikely to be there.

Thanks,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:50 AM   #4
Roderick

Smile Fixed thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by arampon View Post
Roderick, would you please be able to provide logs as described in my forum signature?
1. Are you windows being redrawn to the main monitor when it disconnects? If not, then the issue is between your external device and the monitor as Windows doesn't know the screen dropped.
2. How is your monitor connected? HMDI, VGA..?
3. Is it a long or cheap cable? Your monitor could lose synch.

Our algorithm doesn't care if it's a black, white or even pink pixel. We have an equal opportunity driver. Therefore the issue is unlikely to be there.

Thanks,
Alban
VMT Alban,

I thought I did provide the logs. You've probably helped me sort the issue with the first point above where the issue is isolated to between the external device and the monitor. Though I did try swapping for another HDMI cable, it looks like what I thought was a good quality, brand name, short HDMI cable was not such good quality after all. A new HDMI cable seems to have fixed the problem.
The monitor performs much better but still can't handle a full white screen at 2k res without disconnecting and reconnecting. As you indicate, I suspect this is more likely a hardware syncing issue. Perhaps my 4k capable device is not even up to 2k. I'll see what happens when connected to a 4k TV HDMI input.

Regards Roderick

4k tv HDMI input works fine with the video device driven straight from the TAP20 usb port. As I don't have a Y usb lead I'll have to conclude that neither the TAP20 usb output or the powered usb hub in the 2k monitor (ACER B326HUL) can handle the extra power required for a full or near full white screen in that monitor (for sync?). The powered monitor hub is actually worse then the TAP20 for this issue.

Last edited by Roderick; 05-02-2016 at 12:52 AM. Reason: update
Roderick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acer b326hul 2k monitor, sony tap20, win 10