Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
archos5005

Default Displaylink unreliable in windows 10, Intel 4970, ga-h81m-hd3 motherboard

I have followed the instructions on http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/544228 including installing the latest displaylink driver and video drivers (I have AMD R9 380) and my external USB monitors still do not work correctly. They work for awhile but then 'freeze'--the image is the same and cannot be manipulated (about half of the time the mouse can "go" onto them--but cannot manipulate anything, about half the time it just goes black), and windows still "thinks" it is active--they come up on display settings and are detected in displaylink manager (I have e1649 and e2251).

They work for about an hour before they freeze, and it doesn't matter if I unplug and replug, restart displaylink, or change monitor settings... the monitors will not work until I restart my computer.

Also tried:
Disabled onboard graphics in BIOS
Attached Files
File Type: zip ULTIMATE_20160229_220955.zip (935.3 KB, 3 views)
archos5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:05 AM   #2
archos5005

Unhappy Protocol

Have I missed something in protocol? What should I do to get a response? Thanks! Also, I can recreate the problem: when I run a game, it forces the "freeze" state--so maybe something to do with direct X?
Old 03-09-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
AlbanRampon

Hello,
Forums, like with most, is not the priority way of getting tech support and this goes after support tickets.
Generally speaking, support is done by the device manufacturer, so in your case the first point of call should have been AOC who designed and built the product.
However we're still keen on helping where we can.

Thank you for including the logs with your description.
The USB Host Controller (PC side) is reporting issues with the AOC e1649Fwu device which is then disconnected from the bus by the host controller (USB XACT error)
1. Do you hear the Windows USB disconnection sound? I see Plug-and-Play event of the device removal.
2. Can you reproduce with only the AOC e2251Fwu connected?
3. Can you check the AOC e1649Fwu USB cable is properly secured at the back of the monitor?
4. Can you try an alternative cable in an alternative USB port to rule out a cable or mechanical tolerance issue?

I didn't mean to ignore you by PM, email notifications were not turned on. Your first message was on moderation hold because of the link.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:56 AM   #4
archos5005

Unhappy response1

Thank you so much for the reply! My apologies for my impatience.

Here is what you have asked for:
1. Only once did I hear the disconnect sound (only on the e1649Fwu device)--most the time it simply stops with no fanfare (if I'm not immediately using the screen, the biggest giveaway is that the desktop clock has stopped in the lower right corner).
2. Yes, the same problem occurs if it is only the e2251 connected.
3/4. the plug is secured and I have tried a different cable. The same problem occurs.

So alas... no difference. Randomly, the display will freeze or (more frequently now), I will run a game, and when I am returned to the desktop upon exiting, the monitor is still recognized and displays (the last thing that it was displaying before I launched the game) but is unresponsive. If I unplug the monitor and plug it back in, it still does not come back to life until a full restart.