Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
flamingarms

Default [Toshiba Dynadock U3.0] Extending Monitor Keeps Reconnecting

My Dynadock U3.0 is connected to my HP Envy's USB 3.0 port. Connected to my docking station is a VGA dell monitor. I currently have a wireless mouse and keyboard connected to the docking station and they work fine all of the time.

However, at a random interval each time, my external monitor will suddenly disconnect, going blank, and then reconnect after a few seconds. This is accompanied by the standard Windows "boop boop" sound, as if a USB device is being disconnected. But everything connected to the docking station still continues to work.

The weird thing is that this doesn't happen at all when my docking station is plugged into my USB 2.0 port.

My displaylink display adapter (4305) has the driver version 7.0.41409.0.
My dynadock U3.0 has the driver version 7.0.41409.0 as well. I thought that was a little odd too, but maybe not.

Anyway, this problem clearly has something to do with the USB 3.0 ports. I found a post here talking about possible issues with the USB 3.0 host controllers. My laptop is a HP Envy 6-1010us, so it's USB 3.0 host controller is by AMD. Using this HP support post, I found an AMD USB 3.0 driver. So my AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver is version 1.1.0.128.

I'm not sure what information you can use here and please let me know if there's any more information I can supply you guys for help on this. It still works through USB 2.0, so all is not lost. But one of the reasons I got this particular docking station is that it worked with USB 3.0 and I would hate to lose that functionality.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me!
flamingarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
flamingarms

Anyone? Can no one help me out here?
flamingarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
nielo

Angry DynaDock USB 3.0 Monitor Connect / disconnect / reconnect

I also have a new ACER ASPIRE V3-571G laptop with USB 3.0 and my external monitor keeps connecting and disconnecting every couple of minutes as if someone is pulling the USB cable in an out, has built in NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M.

Very Frustrating, I only just bought both Laptop and DynaDock new - so far not real impressed - Im running stock install of windows 7 64 bit.

Acer Aspire V3-571G Laptop: http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/cont...l/NX.RZJSA.004

Toshiba DynaDock PA3927A-1PRP http://www.shoptoshiba.com.au/p-4606...927a-1prp.aspx
nielo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
Wim

These issues are usually related to bugs in older versions of the USB 3.0 Host Controller driver on Windows.

To download the latest Host Controller driver for your USB 3.0 controller, please refer to this article:

http://kb.displaylink.com/315

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #5
krisha

just want to inform you that this happened with my Lenovo USB 3.0 dock also several times the last days w/o reason.

-) Upgrading to latest USB 3.0 drivers did not help
-) Downgrading back to previous drivers did not help
-) Uninstalling xHCI Intel drivers completly did not help

Sometimes it was reconnecting all the time (every 5 seconds) - not useable.

Could it be that this dock/IC does not like sunshine so much and that it depends where you place it and how USB cable is placed?

The steps are always the same:
1) 2nd USB 2.0 hub stops working
2) after some seconds dock is disconnected
3) after some seconds dock is reconnected
4) continue with 1)

Deactivating 2nd hub didnot help. between 1) and 2) it's possible to still use the monitors. No other device was connected to the docking station - just 2 monitors, no network used, no sound used.

V 7.2.47873.0

Edit: I installed wrong USB 3.0 drivers (C220 instead of C216) and placed it differently - worked for minimum 30 min - let's see how long it will continue to work

Edit2: just found a similiar currently active thread with the same problem: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61706

Edit3: Not working. USB hub fails then same procedure again.

Last edited by krisha; 06-13-2013 at 01:05 PM.
krisha is offline   Reply With Quote