Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
Palmtown

Default Windows Xp Install Issues

So I am on xp 32bit with sp3. The usb hdmi adapter shows up in device manager and the usb audio device is in there also and they installed fine as did the software. I restart the pc and it says found new hardware and the device is 'display' and now under display I have like 3 unknown devices in there that can't find drivers. The software also won't run and there is no icon anywhere aside from in the directory where I can manually try to activate it. When I try to run the support tool to provide a log I get Line 5693... Error: The requested action with this object has failed. AutoIt Error
Palmtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Palmtown

So it has 3 unknown devices that can't find drivers under display adapters. I tried uninstalling through add/remove.. restart... install drivers from cd with no device connected to usb.. restart... then connect device and direct all the found hardware to the cd it came with. well i get these unknown devices in the display adapters and the usb display adapter and usb sound is in there. laptop is an ibm thinkpad t42
Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Palmtown

if I look at the hardware ids of the unknown devices in display adapters they have an id of displaylink_mirror_driver
Old 01-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
Palmtown

Default Fixed it using an old forum post

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=199

Basically I just had to force the mirror driver and display adapter driver on 2 of the unknown devices and restart. Wah la. This forum post should be put up at the top cause thats how I solved the problem.