Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
tferrin

Default An imaginary second monitor called "No Monitor"

I have an issue where my computer thinks there is a second monitor plugged into my Cable Matters docking station. It is called "No Monitor" and has a resolution of 1280x1024. When I actually plug in a second monitor, that monitor will show up correct in addition to the "No Monitor." Additionally, the display on the real second monitor is black...although that may be a separate issue. In order to address the issue of the imaginary second display, I have attached my logs.

This issue is present regardless of whether or not a real second monitor is connected. As long as the docking station is connected to the computer, a fake second monitor appears.

I have tried this on other laptops with the same hardware configuration and I receive the same results. I also have the same results on every version of graphics driver I have used. The laptop uses Optimus technology and I have tried disabling the NVidia card, but I still receive the same results. I have also tried replacing Dell's Intel HD 5500 driver with Intel's HD 5500 driver and still receive the same results. I would appreciate any help anyone is able to offer!
Attached Files
File Type: zip BIW7307_20160511_083331.zip (1.19 MB, 2 views)
tferrin is offline   Reply With Quote