Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
Jay Muthukamatchi

Question DisplayLink driver - Windows 8.1 compatibility issue?

Follow-up to my pervious post regarding problem with DisplayLink v7.4 or v7.5 and Windows 8.1

After two days of troubleshooting (including following the steps described in DisplayLink support website and forum) the displaylink UI does not work.

After all the troubleshooting the "DisplayLink" does not show up in my Device Manager. It shows as "Generic Superspeed USB Hub" and the DisplayLink UI never comes up.

I see more and more community members reporting similar problems with Windows 8.1.

I looked at competitor Docking Station products. They all pretty much look the same they all pretty much using the DisplayLink Software. I do not think returning and buying another product may solve the problem. I am hesitant to go this route.

It would be helpful if DisplayLink could share their findings regarding Windows 8.1 compatibility issues, if any. It will alleviate frustrations among users and unnecessary product returns.

For now, I connected my monitor directly to my laptop so I can continue to work. I just returned the docking station.

Last edited by Jay Muthukamatchi; 01-09-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typo
Jay Muthukamatchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displaylink undetected, windows 8.1