Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I can...
...run videos on my non-DL screen with DL drivers installed without problems 1 100.00%
...not run any videos on my non-DL screen with DL drivers installed 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Gamer

Angry 4.6 (Samsung): Impossible to play video, games stutter after trying to - any ideas?

As I indicated in the thread about 5.2 Beta, I went back to the "official" Samsung driver 4.6. But I still have severe problems...

I still haven't managed to play a single video file (on the main screen) with the U70 attached. The main screen flickers extremely, and there is no video shown (only audio). I tried several players and file types, but the result is always the same.

What's more: After attempting to play a video, something seems to be broken and all games run in slow motion or won't even start up at all!

It doesn't even help to deactivate or even unplug the U70, all that helps is a reboot. Only then can I play games again.

Playing videos on main screen is absolutely impossible? I cannot imagine that this has to be like this, it makes my DisplayLink device rather useless.

Configuration: XP SP3, GTX 260, 1st display: 24" Digital, 2nd: U70 USB driver 4.6, 3rd: 19" Analogue

EDIT:

Now it got even better: I decided to return the U70, since I'm not willing to waste more time on this beta technology. But I cannot uninstall the software anymore ("severe error" when trying to), and its remains still prevent me from watching any videos on my other screens! No video (see above) and then a BSOD from nv_disp.dll. I am aware this is the Nvidia driver, but it's definitely the DisplayLink software causing the problem.

In Device Manager (and only there) I still see 3 (!) monitors which claim to be connected to my GTX 260. Those are definitely remains of the DisplayLink software which obviously interacts with other display drivers due to some severe bugs - which is fatal, as you can see from my experiences here.

I'd be really grateful for any hints on how to get rid off the software once and for all!

Last edited by Gamer; 10-15-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Nightmare drivers