Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
stinger

Default movie freeze in a strange way

I have a strange problem. I have an usb to hdmi adapter and trying to extend my winpads screen to my projector. when I drag the movie over to the projector screen the movie freezes every time. I have tried version 5.2 and 5.5 with the same result. then I installed my adapter on my netbook and got the same result. I was about to give up when I grabbed the upper bar in the movie window and the movie starts to play as long as I hold the bar if I let it go the movie stops playing even if the "play" is pressed down. what can be the problem here?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Pawel

Lightbulb

Please download the Windows DisplayLink debug tool from this website, then gather the system information and send the zip file to us.
(delete memory.dmp file if the zip file is too large to upload). This would give us more information as to what might be wrong.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
proware

Default Similar issue

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit and my displaylink software just automatically updated and it seems to work fine as long as I move the mouse.

As soon as the mouse stops, the external monitor display freezes. The PC is fine.. As soon as I move the mouse, the external display works again until the mouse stops.

I am using a UGA USB 2.0 HDMI display adapter.

Cheers
David
Old 01-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
Pawel

Lightbulb

Please run the debug tool as described in my previous post and send us the log files for analysis.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
sgregpa

Exclamation After latest update I'm freezing too...

My USB-2K-A device has been working great for about 3 weeks, then when I logged in on Wed (2/8/11 after a week of not using this device), a software update was automatically detected and installed.

Within about 3 hours of having this update I had my first screen freeze. And now this is happening repeatedly every couple hours.

I'm attaching the debug zip file from my system and waiting on the next hang to occur with the advanced settings enabled.

Is the Windows 7 driver software from early/mid-January still available somewhere?
Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110211_114926.zip (517.1 KB, 743 views)
Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
sgregpa

Default Advanced logging file

Here is another support file from when I had the advanced setting turned on in the DisplayLink Support Tool (1.0.0.3). Hopefully this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110211_160358.zip (561.9 KB, 754 views)
Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
PaulC

I have the same issue with Mimo UM-710S USB monitor.
Movie displays OK on laptop screen, but on Mimo screen it freezes unless drop down menu is being displayed.