Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Jordantimber

Default rotation in the register

Hello

I'd like change the rotation (landscape to landscape flipped)in the register of windows because when I change in the Screen resolution if I plug a new monitor on D-sub 15 or DVI, the screen come back with these default settings.

There is a option rotation in the register for displaylink but windows has always the control

thank you
Old 11-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
Wim

The display settings are stored by Windows, not DisplayLink, so you won't find these in our registry area. However you can change the default behaviour when a new device (and I think a new monitor) are connected. To do this:

• First follow this FAQ to make sure you have a registry entry for the product you want to control.
  • Under each PID, you will see a ProductCode registry entry. There should be a matching ProductCode under Products->Product Name (Probably "DisplayLink Graphics")
  • Under here, you will see an OnNewDevice key and under here there is a string for Rotation which is set to 0. This can be 90,180 or 270 to rotate screen by default.

After you restart the DL service, and new device connected should have the new rotation setting applied to it by default.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote