Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2020, 07:41 AM   #1
SpannerBracket

Default 9.3 M2 installer not completing on Windows 10 1909

Hi,

I'm having troubles installing the 9.3 M2 or even M1 drivers on Windows 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.836).

The installer starts, elevates privileges, then has a small window saying: Installing DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics. This window stays for a few seconds then disappears. Nothing further happens.

Task manager lists two processes running using very little memory and 0% CPU:
DisplayLink Graphics Driver Installer (32 bit)
Installs DisplayLink Software (32 bit)

I've left it running all day, and they're still there at the end of the day - no errors, no other windows popped up anywhere on the screen.

I've tried installing the DisplayLink Manager app - that shows the current driver version installed is 9.1.1644.0.

I can't see anything in Windows event logs to show an error during installation.

Does anyone know if the installer creates a log file anywhere to show what it's doing?

This is running on a Dell Lattitude 7390 with a Dell D6000 dock - latest drivers I can find on everything.

Dock is connected via USB-C and has a 4K monitor attached over HDMI and a 2K monitor attached via display port.

Both monitors work with the 9.1.1644.0 driver - but the 4K screen intermittently connects at 30Hz rather than 60Hz.

I've also tried installing via the MSI in the corporate downloads section of the Displaylink site. Both the 32bit and 64bit versions. The MSI installer reports installation failed with a status code of 1603.

Any advice gratefully received!
SpannerBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Even if it currently runs 9.1 driver would you be able to gather additional logfiles for us, the instructions you can find here:

https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Afterwards you can attach the zip file to your response.

Also could you check if in Device Manager under Display Adapters you can see D6000 properly?
Also could you take a screenshot of the 4k monitor showing in Advanced Display Settings?

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:42 AM   #3
SpannerBracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Hello,
Afterwards you can attach the zip file to your response.

Also could you check if in Device Manager under Display Adapters you can see D6000 properly?
Also could you take a screenshot of the 4k monitor showing in Advanced Display Settings?

Thank you,
Katarzyna
Hi Katarzyna,

Thanks for the response.

Diagnostics attached.

The D6000 does indeed show up in Device Manager. I've included a screenshot of the 4k monitor in Advanced Display Settings - however I moved it from HDMI to DisplayPort which seems to have resolved the 30Hz issue.

I'm still keen to move on to the later drivers to see if it resolves the HDMI at 30Hz intermittent issue, as I normally use the DisplayPort connection on another PC to get HDR 4k @ 60Hz and its a pain swapping the cables when I move between PCs.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AdvancedDisplaySettings.jpg (8.9 KB, 2 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20200526_072743.zip (524.6 KB, 1 views)
SpannerBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

SpannerBracket, please check your email, I reached out to you directly there as this looks like a more complex issue.

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote