View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #7
KsaRedFx

Well, I know my GPU can handle quite a bit as before Win10 Anniversary update I was able to do everything with 2 1080p monitors linked via DisplayLink without noticing an issue or high GPU usage.

The current drivers are still using a lot of the Nvidia GPU when they're forced to. So I don't think it's an Open GL with the Intel graphics. 10% on a 980M is a fair amount of power in comparison to a HD 530.

It quite literally just appears to be issues with the new "Native Integration" for now. I guess new things means new bugs.

I'm also definitely using the latest drivers available from Nvidia, I keep it relatively up to date and double checked all drivers an reinstalled them all clean during my debugging. You should be able to see it's up to date in the zip file I provided.

But yes, Optimus does work fine once the "Main Monitor" in Display Settings is hard wired instead of DisplayLink. Regardless of what monitor the program is running on (Except in the case of certain DX12 games that will swap on the fly depending on what monitor they're on.)

Before, I was unable to run a game on a hard wired monitor and tell Optimus to run it on the 980M, it just would not listen.
KsaRedFx is offline   Reply With Quote