View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 03:03 PM   #6
flowcooker

Confirming I received the following message from support. I will contact the manufacturer of the hub. Unfortunately, with perhaps a recent update of my Mac OS, it appears no USB hub devices (whether enabled with DisplayLink or not) are showing up as "detected" under the USB bus, even if the device is functioning. I've tested several USB devices - they work, even though they do not show up as detected under the USB bus. So this may be a pervasive problem if DisplayLink depends on the device actually showing up on the bus in order for the device to function properly.

Thanks for re-sending.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

As you have already confirmed the docking station is not detected under the USB bus at all - none of its ports. Unfortunately as this would not be a problem on the DisplayLink Manager side - but rather a communication of the device with the computer I will not be able to suggest changes regarding DisplayLink Manager that could help.
For DisplayLink Manager to work your computer has to be able to detect that something has been connected to it.

If no devices are shown, then follow the steps below to try and make the device appear in device manager.
Unplug all cables from the device including power, then reconnect power then the USB cable and check if the device is detected.
Check the USB port with another device to make sure other devices are recognized.
Check that the USB cable works with other devices.
Try the adapter on another computer.
If it still does not appear in the system report then you should contact the original manufacturer, not DisplayLink for further support.
flowcooker is offline   Reply With Quote