View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 12:39 AM   #5
Cloroxbottle

So I did get the fit headless. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is plugged in or not as the AOC USB still behaves exactly the same - as the "extended" desktop for a phantom display. I can click on the start menu and get it to pull up... But any time you launch anything, that window doesn't show (although the icon shows on the Taskbar).

This is regardless of whether I select "Duplicate displays" or "Show only on 1" or "Show only on 2" in the multiple displays option before shutting down.

The only time the AOC USB monitor works properly - that is, launched windows appear on it - is with

1. A real HDMI monitor is plugged in and "duplicate displays" is selected
2. A real HDMI monitor is plugged in and "Show only on 2" is selected.

In all other configurations I've seen it only behaves as an extended desktop. You're right, you would think that a fit headless would solve this but for some reason it doesn't unless theres an addiotional software configuration step for it that I'm missing.

Any other suggestions?

When I go to the Device Manager I see two items under Display Adapters:

- E1759Fwu
- Intel 620

Should I try uninstalling or disabling the Intel 620 drivers and just leave the display link driver installed? Slightly worried that if I try this that it will render the machine unbootable.

Anything to change in the Bios? or...?

I have a hard time believing that this can't be accomplished given that a USB powered monitor is the ideal monitor for something like a NUC.

Last edited by Cloroxbottle; 01-04-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Cloroxbottle is offline   Reply With Quote