View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 12:57 AM   #10
PapaDrew

Default Working but Heavily Lagged on One Monitor - Continued

Interesting Detail Noticed

I ran a color profile fix (Settings > Display > Color > Open Profile > [ColorSync Utility {Menu Bar}] > File > New Window) that found some bad color profiles under the [Profile First Aid] tab. From there I opened a terminal command prompt and did the following for all the bad profiles:
sudo rm -f /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/<bad_profile_name>.icc
In addition I ran fresh Color Profile Calibrations for each monitor.

I also powered off my docking station with everything connected. I let the docking station stay power off for a long count of 10 seconds and turned it back on. The goal was to give any driver loading problems a chance to sort themselves.

Now I am noticing something I didn't notice before though I'm not sure if the correlation is causation from above.
DisplayLinkUserAgent is no longer running around 30%-40% normally. It's fairly idled down around 7.7% and sometimes goes up to 18% with a few shoot ups to 30% - 40% CPU usage range. If I move my mouse over to the one monitor that's giving me issues and quickly circle my cursor around in a tight < 1" circle the CPU usage does not increase as much and there is no noticed strobing though the cursor will occasionally get very big per the setting I have with the system to help me find my cursor on the three large monitors. HOWEVER - The greater I increase the radius of the circle the greater the CPU usage acceleration becomes by the DisplayLinkUserAgent process and strobing eventually becomes pronounced and increases to a greater degree in correlation with the radius increase. IN ADDITION - Around 2" - 4" in radius of motion a rectangle of screen darkening appears around the cursor that appears to be composited of 1" squares that incorporate the movement path of the mouse cursor over an interval of fractions of a second.
PapaDrew is offline   Reply With Quote