View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 03:04 PM   #8
PapaDrew

Cool Working but Heavily Lagged on One Monitor - Continued

Doing further testing this morning it's only when I'm doing graphical interactions on the Dell U3219Q that it bogs down and gets choppy and there's significant differences between the types. That's playing videos, trying to move windows around, trying to move the mouse around to click things.

Streaming Episode 7 of The Expanse's intro the video is a little choppy but nothing like the difficulty I'm having with the mouse cursor jumping around like I'm trying to predict the location of an electron in an electron cloud. The video alone is slightly strobe like but when I move the mouse cursor around it gets really bad. There's no problems with audio playback - very smooth.

Trying the built in mousepad on the mac the strobing effects aren't as bad as with my corded USB mouse that's coincidentally also routed through the docking station. Both mouse interactions on that monitor are strobed and cause the video to strobe at varying rates but the built in mousepad is less pronounced.

Neither mouse interaction creates a significant difference in the strobing of the video when the cursors are moved around on other screens though the slight strobing is still there in the video and the CPU usage of the DisplayLinkUserAgent rides steadily over 100%.

I'm not noticing any strobing in any of the other monitors when I move the cursor around on the Dell U3219Q.

Typing text on the Dell U3219Q doesn't seem to cause significant strobing and the CPU usage of the DisplayLinkUserAgent doesn't increase significantly. They keyboard is also a wired USB keyboard routed through the docking station.

I've now run the Mac DisplayLink support tool and submitted a support ticket to try and help them gather info for eventually supporting Big Sur 11.1 though I'm not sure where to submit the zip file that was generated. I thought I had read the following link before submitting the ticket but hadn't.
https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

I recommend making sure that's really been read before contacting support. My bad.

Last edited by PapaDrew; 01-15-2021 at 04:38 PM.
PapaDrew is offline   Reply With Quote