View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
enothen

Yes, the rule works when you plug one into the other because the 4-in-1 is detected, no mather where on the usb tree. You have 2 issues then, first one is broadening the detection of DisplayLink devices, the second one issomething I haven't thought before: someone plugging two devices. Issue has to do with stopping the service only when the last device has been unplugged. I don't have two devices to test this, but I imagine my rule will stop the service when you unplug the first one, hence stopping a valid monitor from working.

Ideally, I would use "/bin/lsusb -d 17e9: 2>/dev/null || /bin/systemctl stop displaylink.service", which serves as validation of a remaining DisplayLink device plugged in, but udev does not allow for piped commands on RUN, so I would have to go with an external script, which is not what I like the most, but I understand it helps on a broader set of configurations.

For now, I've updated my rpm with a udev rule that detects devices based on vendor, which should work for you. I've also fixed an issue when upgrading the rpm, so please remove the current version, then install the new one (this version will manage upgrades ok). Try using one device, using both, then removing one, and let me know.

http://nothen.com.ar/resources/displ...8-2.x86_64.rpm

As of your other question, yes, I'm running into the same. Every time I plug a monitor I have to configure it. Don't know yet where this information is saved. I thought about leaving the DisplayLinkManager service running all the time, but that didn't work either.

Thanks,
Eric
enothen is offline   Reply With Quote