View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #9
noname

Quote:
Originally Posted by seldanne View Post
Having trouble with a Asus USB 3.0 HZ-1 Docking Station and a Asus UX51ZA ultrabook running Windows 8.1 64-bit
Same here with ASUS Zenbook UX32VDA. All of a sudden, unknown device and cannot switch to external display and unknown USB device is listed. Perhaps it is related to a Windows update because recently new updates were shipped. Did exactly what you did including clearing the driver using DisplayLink tool. No effect at all. Submitted a ticket to ASUS as well but I would assume the ship producer should have better ways to determine the issue apart from trial and error.
Driver service appears to be running, in my case, but no taskbar icon is showing, allowing me to switch. I can use windows own display switch functino but it stops after a while telling me it could not find an external display attached. In addition, using windows display setting display identification, it appears windows does notice some display but cannot make any sense of it.
Any help from DisplayLink would appreciated. I would hate refreshing my workstation from scratch just because of a driver conflict.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote