View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #25
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalman View Post
Thanks a lot for the information, didnt know, my laptop is that behind.

Even if there will not be any new driver, shouldn't the old one still work? I mean, the new update should really overwrite an already working driver, with a non-working version?

What drivers shall I downgrade to have it work? Can you help me with this? Even in e-mails, or another thread? Or should i turn to Microsoft?

I have tried previous graphic drivers (even with complete removal of the NVidia driver).
Good afternoon Kalman,

The old driver is not expected to work because this is a new OS feature in Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Therefore the driver would never have supported this.
In previous versions of Windows, instead of using (now) standard OS calls, we used a different methods.

The previous method could cause stability issues as each graphics driver update and months of work with each new version of Windows, especially in mutli/hybrid graphics systems... With Microsoft churning versions of the OS every two weeks through the Windows Insider Program, the few month development each time wouldn't have quite worked. Also, the new standard OS calls mean that having DisplayLink work is important to Microsoft as we helped design/develop it.

At the moment, I am waiting for Microsoft feedback to know what will happen next. And they are waiting for the graphics vendors to inform them about their progress.
If it turns out that the graphics vendors have actually already implemented the changes to pass-through the OpenGL, then the solution will be elsewhere.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote