View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 11:33 PM   #10
deonsmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hi Deon,

I was trying to get the software from them to get a repro for debugging. After providing me with a link which doesn't work as it's a login wall, a "technical manager" told me to get lost: I'm so not only supposed to magically have the software but I'm also expected to already know how to use it to create a 3D model.
I'm highly unimpressed.

Regards,
Alban
Hi Alban, customer support has never been very good over there! However, I ran into another app that is freely downloadable that has a very similar problem. Designspark PCB. Whenever you try to display a 3D image of the circuit board on a DisplayLink monitor, the system bogs down completely. You can download the software from here: https://www.rs-online.com/designspar...rical-software

Registration is free as is use of the software. When you open the software, a default circuit board is loaded. Click on the .PCB tab and then choose 3D from the menu. The 3D view will eventually display but interaction with it is painfully slow. Rotate or pan the model to see what I mean. This software definitely used to work in realtime before this latest driver update.
Software works fine on a non-displaylink monitor. Since all my work is 3D related, and it all used to work just fine on my displaylink monitors, it is definitely related to the driver update. I now have to do everything on my laptop screen. This is the only way to work in realtime!

Regards
Deon
deonsmt is offline   Reply With Quote